Kaiser Permanente

Disorganized

Current Employee - Database Developer in Aurora, CO
Current Employee - Database Developer in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

The pay is good and the work is interesting

Cons

The company is very big and very disorganized. If I need to get something done or access to a system, no one knows how to request it. Local IT can't perform simple tasks, so they end up getting outsourced. Once it gets to India, simple tasks take months to complete.

1943 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Great Company with LOTS of ROOM for Improvement

Current Employee - Technical Applications Specialist in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Applications Specialist in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than a year)

Pros

KP offers great benefits to its employees! This is probably the single best aspects of work for this company! This company also has great presence within the communities it serves and gives its employees the opportunity to volunteer and serve the local communities.

Cons

KP is very Matrixed and this makes having to complete tasks (i.e. projects) VERY difficult and VERY slow. Communication is a big barrier when working accross functional areas. Team work can be very challenging expecially if teams are dispersed across the US.

A full opportunity to combine technology, people, and process for better patient outcomes!

Current Employee - Assistant Administrator - Hospital and Surgical Services Technologies in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We are the Accountable Care Organization that Health Care Reform talks about. And, we can and will do better for patient and member outcomes.

Cons

We are a gigantic company and it is sometimes hard to get things done, but our motto in our region includes "lead from where you stand"!

Promote from within; external perspectives are healthy and both create a diverse work force.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente