Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser is always reinventing for the future

Current Employee - Unit Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA
Current Employee - Unit Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

It can give great job security over the years of service. Depending on the department you work for, there can be a sense of "family" with working with the same employees and staff. Also if you move to a different city there is the advantage of transfering to another Kaiser, and not losing your senority. They can also offer great medical and dental benefits in this day and age so important.

Cons

Over the years rumors of layoffs or changes seem to always get "leaked" before the official word from management, which is unsettling to those involved. Sometimes changes are made in departments or management that aren't always thought out and end up being changed multiple times during the process. Sometimes upper management loses touch with the front line worker and what is really needed to make things work in the proper setting. Just having a MBA, PHD or years of schooling doesn't mean you actually know how to do a job unless you actually "do the job" and can understand the challenges the effected faces in that situation.

read my downsides.

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Kensington, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Kensington, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

You get very comprehensive and affordable medical & dental benefits. You also get excellent disability and life insurance for a very low cost. Pharmacists are paid a competitive salary and are enrolled in the pension plan which is calculated as:
    Final monthy compensation x 1.5% x years of service. (This amount is pad to you on a monthly basis upon retirement)
     You can cash this in at age 55 if you have had atleast 15 years of service, or at age 65 after 5 years of service or if age + years of service equals 70.

After 5 years the employer will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your salary to a etirement fund. You can also contribute up to $15,500 a year pretax into a retirement fund. Depending on how well the company does during the year pharmacists may also recieve a year end bonus which can be up to 3% of there salary; (although this year we recieved nothing.)

Cons

I'm not happy with the meica insurance. I think for primary care they are excellent however if you need a specialist there is something to be desired. I'm not confident that there specialists are the best and the brightest nor are there enough of them for you to get an appointent in a reasonable amount of time.

Conduct surveys every 2 years to make sure pharmacist salaries are competitive with community setting.

Worth looking in to

Current Employee - Area Materials Coordinator
    Current Employee - Area Materials Coordinator

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The benefits as well as my co-workers

Cons

Sometimes people aren't as appreciative as they should be.

Keep doing what your doing. Things really look scary out there but working in the health care field provides a little more stability.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente