Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,496 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Kaiser is always reinventing for the future

Unit Assistant (Current Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

ProsIt can give great job security over the years of service. Depending on the department you work for, there can be a sense of "family" with working with the same employees and staff. Also if you move to a different city there is the advantage of transfering to another Kaiser, and not losing your senority. They can also offer great medical and dental benefits in this day and age so important.

ConsOver the years rumors of layoffs or changes seem to always get "leaked" before the official word from management, which is unsettling to those involved. Sometimes changes are made in departments or management that aren't always thought out and end up being changed multiple times during the process. Sometimes upper management loses touch with the front line worker and what is really needed to make things work in the proper setting. Just having a MBA, PHD or years of schooling doesn't mean you actually know how to do a job unless you actually "do the job" and can understand the challenges the effected faces in that situation.

Advice to Senior Managementread my downsides.

Not bad

Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee)
    Kensington, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: You get very comprehensive and affordable medical & dental benefits. You also get excellent disability and life insurance for a very low cost. Pharmacists are… Cons: I'm not happy with the meica insurance. I think for primary care they are excellent however if you need a specialist there is something to… Advice to Senior Management: Conduct surveys every 2 years to make sure pharmacist salaries… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Simple review

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Reputation, salary, job security and benefits. I have worked at Kaiser for a few… Cons: As with everywhere else in the economy Kaiser is affected, the result downsizing and more… Advice to Senior Management: I believe more attention needs to be paid to senior management. Scrutiny and other forms of bad… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.