Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

All Good Things Come To Those Who Have The Patience....to WAIT.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

More benefits than most silicon valley companies I would wager. If you pick your career path carefully it is possible to move up with a fair amount of freedom. Once you get out of ground floor positions you have quite a bit of autoonomy --- a greater than chance to succeed or fail.

Cons

Can be a very high stress work environment. It's very difficult to shine in a culture that is primarily not meritocratic. But if you are a high producer eventually (if you have the patience and can deal with the politics) you'll be rewarded. Highly Political Environment. Easy to get branded.

Spend more time listening to your long-time employees who KNOW what they're doing and stop bringing outside consultants who consistently screw things up. This practice is indicative of a senior management demonstrating to its staff that they DON'T TRUST or SUFFICIENTLY VALUE their staff.

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

I have enjoyed working for Kaiser

Current Employee - Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have experienced career growth and a good feeling that comes from working for a company that's mission is to provide quality affordable care to our members and the communities we do business in.

Cons

The management style can be changing to work in. In addition having my office located in downtown Oakland is less then idea. I have had a few experience leaving late at night that give me concerns about my personal safety.

Sometimes a heavy hand is needed to drive results faster into a company of this size.

Great company, conservative, good quality of live, but conservative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kaiser is a premiere brand and is a leader in the healthcare industry.

Cons

Innovation is slow and lacking across the organization. This is a great company to work at later in life. Not for a startup type.

Begin to evolve your model to work faster, innovate more frequent and take more risks. Using PHI, PII or liability as an excuse not to innovate is no excuse. The competition has become more fierce over the years and the advent of partnerships means that the integrated care delivery model is no longer enough to rest your laurels on. Evolve KP or you won't Thrive.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente