Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,495 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Providing superior health care with great technology.

IT Director (Current Employee)

ProsThe IT work at Kaiser Permanente is extremely broad and varied. Our implementation of an Electronic Medical record is the largest non-government system in the world. Our technology is positively impacting the way health care is delivered. There are many different types of positions in IT and the ability to grow professionally is tremendous. Kaiser Permanente is located in CA, Oregon, Washington state. Washington DC, Hawaii, Colorado, Ohio and Georgia. There are many opportunities in all of these locations. Salaries are fairly good and benefits are great and include health, dental, vision, 403b and pension plan. Overall, a good place to work.

ConsKaiser Permanente is very large and bureaucratic. Kaiser Permanente has nearly 200,000 staff and physicians. Frequently, decision making is a long and arduous process. Dealing with the unionized staff can be difficult at times as they sometimes seem to have their own agendas and are more interested in protecting their jobs and doing as little as possible. Management staff has to frequently travel out of town for meetings at corporate headquarters. Kaiser Permanente supports work/life balance, but employees have to take responsibility to manage the balance. If not, you could work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and still not complete the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in the trenches.

Kaiser is always reinventing for the future

Unit Assistant (Current Employee)
    Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: It can give great job security over the years of service. Depending on the department you work for, there can be a sense of "family"… Cons: Over the years rumors of layoffs or changes seem to always get "leaked" before the official word from management, which is unsettling to those involved.… Advice to Senior Management: read my downsides. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not bad

Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee)
    Kensington, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: You get very comprehensive and affordable medical & dental benefits. You also get excellent disability and life insurance for a very low cost. Pharmacists are… Cons: I'm not happy with the meica insurance. I think for primary care they are excellent however if you need a specialist there is something to… Advice to Senior Management: Conduct surveys every 2 years to make sure pharmacist salaries… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.