Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,495 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Having more Clinical Pharmacists would improve quality of patient care at Kaiser

Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsExcellent salary and benefits. Great work environment--coworkers, morale level, friendliness of staff. I love coming to work, and having worked at other places, I feel lucky to work here now. Love the online clinical library. Opportunities for professional growth.

ConsI would appreciate more feedback on my performance. When I asked my manager how I'm doing, she said "you're doing ok", and didn't elaborate. I think she has a lot on her mind lately, with budget issues. Still, it'd be appreciated to get more feedback than that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKaiser would be more efficient if it had more clinical pharmacists as outpatient clinic care managers (ie. primary care, diabetes clinic, PHASE, heart failure, pain, etc). We're excellent physician extenders. This is what we went to university and 4 years of pharmacy school and residency training to do. I read so many visit notes from other care providers who don't seem to have a clue what to do about patients' medications, it's pretty scary and I worry for patient safety as a result.

Great ambitions, sometimes falls short in execution; overall a rewarding place to work

Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Great mission, lots of opportunities, good benefits and pay, smart people. Working at Kaiser Permanente is a great way to understand the way that all… Cons: In my department work-life balance is a challenge- increasingly the demands are such that working at nights and on the weekend is expected. Having a… Advice to Senior Management: Good communications from top management about the business Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Providing superior health care with great technology.

IT Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: The IT work at Kaiser Permanente is extremely broad and varied. Our implementation of an Electronic Medical record is the largest non-government system in… Cons: Kaiser Permanente is very large and bureaucratic. Kaiser Permanente has nearly 200,000 staff and physicians. Frequently, decision making is a long and arduous process.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people in the trenches. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.