Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser is an excellent place to work

Current Employee - Desktop Support in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Desktop Support in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

My co-workers at Kaiser are dedicated and hard working. I work in Program offices and the level of intelligence and experience is wonderful. I am also a member and have always been pleased with the level of care that my family and I receive. Kaiser has excellent benefits and pay, plus there are so many ways to move up in the organization. Leadership is very encouraging to employees who want to improve their skills and experience

Cons

The bureacracy and red tape are insurmontable at times. No one wants to take responsiblity for making a decison, everything gets shelved for more and more and more discussion. The amount of meetings and the lack of progress at the meetings is really frustrating. In IT especially they are constantly reorging and not making things better!

Stop asking for consensus and make some decisons.

1936 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Favoritism and politics prevail as Kaiser Permanente cuts jobs and pay.

Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Benefits, bonuses, numerous locations to work.

Cons

With the economic downturn, hiring for the post part is frozen. Temporary workers are all dismissed. Employees who resign from jobs -- even those that that require a high degree of certification --are not being replaced. When an administrative person leaves their job, they are not replaced. Instead, their full time duties are given to another admin person who already has a full plate. This poor unfortunate person now does 80 hours of work but is paid for the same 40 hours as before. This is extremely unfair and probably illegal. In the meantime, the company continues to pay recruiters during a hiring freeze who have little to do.

Stop playing politics. Just because you want to look good to YOUR supervisor, it's not fair to mistreat those under you by offering that they do double work. While the hiring freeze was going on, the national team partied in a very expensive resort. Price was no object. The double standard prevails.

keep up the good work people want to work at my kaiser

Current Employee - Interventional Technologist in Panorama City, CA
    Current Employee - Interventional Technologist in Panorama City, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

the doctors are great to work with, union

Cons

the union plays games and choses who to support

follow the rules and everyone stays happy

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente