There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser is an excellent place to work

Current Employee - Desktop Support  in  Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Desktop Support in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

My co-workers at Kaiser are dedicated and hard working. I work in Program offices and the level of intelligence and experience is wonderful. I am also a member and have always been pleased with the level of care that my family and I receive. Kaiser has excellent benefits and pay, plus there are so many ways to move up in the organization. Leadership is very encouraging to employees who want to improve their skills and experience

Cons

The bureacracy and red tape are insurmontable at times. No one wants to take responsiblity for making a decison, everything gets shelved for more and more and more discussion. The amount of meetings and the lack of progress at the meetings is really frustrating. In IT especially they are constantly reorging and not making things better!

Stop asking for consensus and make some decisons.

1620 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Kaiser may survive the next reorganization of health care with some integrity.

Current Employee - Licensed Clinical Software  in  San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Clinical Software in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Compensation levels, opportunities to transfer when one moves, fairly advanced thinking about best practices and accountability for outcomes.

Cons

Some clinical SOPs are dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, and there is a subtle pressure not to get too interested in challenging cases. You could end up doing assembly line care.

The original model of prepaid, preventative, integrated care is worth saving; it is a mistake to dilute it just to remain competitive in a market where customers just don't want to pay for that. It would be wiser to try to steer national health policy to make it affordable.

keep up the good work people want to work at my kaiser

Current Employee - Interventional Technologist  in  Panorama City, CA
    Current Employee - Interventional Technologist in Panorama City, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

the doctors are great to work with, union

Cons

the union plays games and choses who to support

follow the rules and everyone stays happy

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!