Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

In it for the long haul.

Senior Staff Assistant (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

ProsKaiser is a great company to work for. My coworkers are all super friendly, happy with their jobs, and while there is no perfect world, I hear very little complaining. Senior leadership provides a lot of opportunity for career growth as well as personal growth. There are a LOT of programs offered to employees to promote health and wellness. There is definitely work/life balance for all employees at the facility I work at (that goes for salaried employees too, who are most vulnerable to losing that balance). I am sure every facility has it's own variable micro-climate, but as an organization overall I think Kaiser is class A.

ConsI can't think of one. I've only been with Kaiser 14+ months, so maybe I'm in the honeymoon phase. I mean, no company is without it's own struggles. There are growing pains related to trying to better yourself as a company, innovate, and improve, and as a forward-thinking company Kaiser employees experience that. But the general attitude is that these changes are embraced. Communication is high, which is probably why change is so accepted from the front-line up to senior leadership, and most all employees are dialed in to what is going on so that these changes don't really blindside anyone and therefore are less painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your course!

Great Organization to Work for ... Period!

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
Largo, MD

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great work environment. Employees are well compensated. Wonderful opportunity for… Cons: Most job positions are Union baased; hence, seniority always prevails. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hope to retire from Kaiser

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good Benefit Plan and competitive pay. Cons: Need to improve communication strategies... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.