There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Very good company in the health care industry.

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits - very good multiple retirement plans, great vacation privilege, comparable salaries with market. Good working environment in the office.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

1632 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

In it for the long haul.

Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kaiser is a great company to work for. My coworkers are all super friendly, happy with their jobs, and while there is no perfect world, I hear very little complaining. Senior leadership provides a lot of opportunity for career growth as well as personal growth. There are a LOT of programs offered to employees to promote health and wellness. There is definitely work/life balance for all employees at the facility I work at (that goes for salaried employees too, who are most vulnerable to losing that balance). I am sure every facility has it's own variable micro-climate, but as an organization overall I think Kaiser is class A.

Cons

I can't think of one. I've only been with Kaiser 14+ months, so maybe I'm in the honeymoon phase. I mean, no company is without it's own struggles. There are growing pains related to trying to better yourself as a company, innovate, and improve, and as a forward-thinking company Kaiser employees experience that. But the general attitude is that these changes are embraced. Communication is high, which is probably why change is so accepted from the front-line up to senior leadership, and most all employees are dialed in to what is going on so that these changes don't really blindside anyone and therefore are less painful.

Maintain your course!

Great Organization to Work for ... Period!

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Largo, MD
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Largo, MD

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment. Employees are well compensated. Wonderful opportunity for upward growth and advancement.

Cons

Most job positions are Union baased; hence, seniority always prevails.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!