Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Good environment, pleasant co-workers, but endless meetings

Former Employee - Senior Print Production in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Senior Print Production in Burbank, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a contractor I was capped to an 8-hour day, so wildly fluctuating schedules were not an issue. Middle management was open to process innovation and technical input. We were given the tools and infrastructure to get our jobs done effectively. People pleasant to work with.

Cons

Endless meetings, most of which had nothing to do with my job description. On a minor note, it was interesting that Kaiser worked on the Friday after Thanksgiving, when the rest of America was seemingly gone 'til Monday.

Have meetings "Southwest Airlines" style—everybody standing up. They'll be over in 20 minutes, will discourage idle digressions, and will be a tonic to sitting all day.

1794 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Very good company in the health care industry.

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits - very good multiple retirement plans, great vacation privilege, comparable salaries with market. Good working environment in the office.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

In it for the long haul.

Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kaiser is a great company to work for. My coworkers are all super friendly, happy with their jobs, and while there is no perfect world, I hear very little complaining. Senior leadership provides a lot of opportunity for career growth as well as personal growth. There are a LOT of programs offered to employees to promote health and wellness. There is definitely work/life balance for all employees at the facility I work at (that goes for salaried employees too, who are most vulnerable to losing that balance). I am sure every facility has it's own variable micro-climate, but as an organization overall I think Kaiser is class A.

Cons

I can't think of one. I've only been with Kaiser 14+ months, so maybe I'm in the honeymoon phase. I mean, no company is without it's own struggles. There are growing pains related to trying to better yourself as a company, innovate, and improve, and as a forward-thinking company Kaiser employees experience that. But the general attitude is that these changes are embraced. Communication is high, which is probably why change is so accepted from the front-line up to senior leadership, and most all employees are dialed in to what is going on so that these changes don't really blindside anyone and therefore are less painful.

Maintain your course!