Fragmented and disorganized

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work for. Challenging job.

Cons

Fragmented company. Very disorganized department: Procurement. A lot of fire fighting. People were very stressed due to last minute demands.

Advice to Management

Apply lean sigma

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

In it for the long haul.

Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kaiser is a great company to work for. My coworkers are all super friendly, happy with their jobs, and while there is no perfect world, I hear very little complaining. Senior leadership provides a lot of opportunity for career growth as well as personal growth. There are a LOT of programs offered to employees to promote health and wellness. There is definitely work/life balance for all employees at the facility I work at (that goes for salaried employees too, who are most vulnerable to losing that balance). I am sure every facility has it's own variable micro-climate, but as an organization overall I think Kaiser is class A.

Cons

I can't think of one. I've only been with Kaiser 14+ months, so maybe I'm in the honeymoon phase. I mean, no company is without it's own struggles. There are growing pains related to trying to better yourself as a company, innovate, and improve, and as a forward-thinking company Kaiser employees experience that. But the general attitude is that these changes are embraced. Communication is high, which is probably why change is so accepted from the front-line up to senior leadership, and most all employees are dialed in to what is going on so that these changes don't really blindside anyone and therefore are less painful.

Advice to Management

Maintain your course!

Good and bad....

Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits are pretty good as well. Especially paid health care. Large company with a lot of options available in various departments

Cons

Time off is ok, but not great. Gets better after 4 years or employment. VPs spend most of the time in meetings, spend little time explaining the direction they are taking everyone and set goals with little thought behind how it can be accomplished. Culture is really lacking here.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Message to staff is to live life and "Thrive" but is rarely practiced in my department. Little flexibility for working at home, upper management has the expectation that work should be taken home with you.