Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,355 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Interesting, challenging work, but watch out for burn out

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

ProsWork is interesting and challenging and there are opportunities for advancement. The group I work is bringing "cutting edge" technologies and methodologies to Kaiser...ironically outside of Kaiser they are mainstream.

ConsWork life balance doesn't exist. Management will suck you dry if you let them. Hard to get management to recognize that you need additional resources and prioritize your work. Other downside is that you need to get consensus from a lot of different groups before you can make any changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try to solve every single problem at once, instead, select a handful of strategic initiatives and focus on them. Also stop with the constant re-orgs - I've had 4 managers in the course of a year.

Kaiser cares about members and employees

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Primary focus is on member care and service rather than being profit-driven. This a refreshing change from the profit-driven corporation that I worked in.… Cons: Very large organization which can be bureacratic and slow moving. I've encountered several classic 'Dilbert' moments. This can be infuriating at times when… Advice to Senior Management: Too much re-organization in the IT department causes confusion and loss… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to Work - Back Again, Thriving, and Staying!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Kaiser has work-life balance! I have time to do a good job and think so that I make good decisions. I can do… Cons: You have to be someone that is your own advocate for career advancement. You don't have much in the way of mentors because everyone… Advice to Senior Management: Don't forget to listen to the rank and file. Provide a way for them to provide you with feedback and let them know that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.