Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,487 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Frustratingly bureaucratic. Lots of lifers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsCompany is on a mission to improve the health of the communities it serves. It's great to work somewhere where people really believe in what they are doing. Leadership and company believe in making decisions based on evidence.

ConsLots of stakeholders - everyone can say no or get in the way of an effort, few will say yes and push it forward. Too many people who aren't good enough at their jobs - KP doesn't manage people out for poor performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore empowerement and more accountability please.

Fragmented and disorganized

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice people to work for. Challenging job. Cons: Fragmented company. Very disorganized department: Procurement. A lot of fire… Advice to Senior Management: Apply lean sigma No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good and bad....

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay, benefits are pretty good as well. Especially paid health… Cons: Time off is ok, but not great. Gets better after 4 years or employment. VPs spend most of the time in meetings, spend… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach. Message to staff is to live life and "Thrive" but is rarely practiced in my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.