Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,493 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Good place to be but not an equally ambitious workforce

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsIt's a safe and stable environment to develop yourself. There is hardly any office politics going on because the culture is all about inclusivity and equality. Mistakes are usually viewed as opportunities for improvement.

ConsProjects always take longer than expected to finish because at least one important player in the delivery of the work is on vacation at any given time, due to the generous vacation benefits given to employees, especially for those who have stuck around a pretty long time.

I also end up worrying about being recognized for my efforts. Some colleagues put in the minimal time and leave. I sometimes stay late to do extra work. However I feel as if we are all still treated the same by management. It disincentives putting one's nose to the grindstone.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers always declare they are open to change, yet not all ideas seem to be welcome. Make the criteria clear so you don't appear hypocritical.

Best place on earth to work!

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Awesome benefits, great employees, welcoming environment, always room for advancement Cons: More locations for Medical Centers and actual Hospitals would be… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to communicate well with your employees and also provide feedback and welcome it at all levels. Positivity is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent job, great benefits. A good long term employer.

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, wage. Hours, facilities, good training. Cons: Union, queen B mentality... years of employment vs capability rule… Advice to Senior Management: Look at experience verses years of employment history. You… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.