There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Not everybody knows what they are doing?????

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA
Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment if you belong to the "IN" crowd...

Cons

Management lacks technical experience. Lots of money wasted on projects that go nowhere.. Tons of offshoring and listening to unknowledgable people to determine what types of technical products to invest in. Sleep on the job and say yes to everything and you should have no problems joining the ranks of management here.. Promotions are given by social popularity.

Advice to Management

Fire the bottlenecks. Demand better performance from front line managers. Some are falling asleep on the job literally..

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. Good place to be but not an equally ambitious workforce

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a safe and stable environment to develop yourself. There is hardly any office politics going on because the culture is all about inclusivity and equality. Mistakes are usually viewed as opportunities for improvement.

Cons

Projects always take longer than expected to finish because at least one important player in the delivery of the work is on vacation at any given time, due to the generous vacation benefits given to employees, especially for those who have stuck around a pretty long time. I also end up worrying about being recognized for my efforts. Some colleagues put in the minimal time and leave. I sometimes stay late to do extra work. However I feel as if we are all still treated the same by management. It disincentives putting one's nose to the grindstone.

Advice to Management

Managers always declare they are open to change, yet not all ideas seem to be welcome. Make the criteria clear so you don't appear hypocritical.

2. Best place on earth to work!

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits, great employees, welcoming environment, always room for advancement

Cons

More locations for Medical Centers and actual Hospitals would be nice.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate well with your employees and also provide feedback and welcome it at all levels. Positivity is contagious and word of mouth is the best way to promote a great place to work. Happy employees = great productivity