Kaiser Permanente

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

CSC in San Diego is a great place to work

Former Employee - Account Administrative Representative in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Account Administrative Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good. You have an option to opt out of Kaisers benefits and receive a percentage of pay increase by doing so. There is quite a bit of training that you are allowed to take as many times as you feel the need to. Kaiser is represented by a union so the rules are really strict, but on the reverse you have to really mess up in order for them to be able to fire you. Kaiser does a lot of promoting from within. After 15 years of working with the company, upon retirement , you get lifetime benefits. The only reason I left was due to relocation.

Cons

Being part of a union, you are in trouble if you are a minute late, and will be written up after so many times. This is just one of the strict rules. You will be held accountable for your work, so it's best that you really get all you can get out of training. If you do choose to opt out of benefits, this also includes your paid vacation time. You will receive some vacation time, but it will be unpaid, including maternity leave.

I had excellent management. They always asked the employees opinions and concerns.

1947 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Title

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are really good

Cons

There is no cons for this org

Great Summer Internship

Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Oakland, CA
    Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Pay and hours (with paid overtime!)

Great corporate culture and people

In general, KP is the best at what it does.

Cons

My supervisor had very little work for me. I spent a good bit of my summer just sitting at my computer waiting for someone around the office to need something..

Intern program is very new, so the company is still working out the kinks and bugs.

Low job placement rates after internship. Instead, most interns looking for full time positions just get their internships extended another year.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente