Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Great people, not the best work environment

Intern (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as an intern for less than a year

ProsNOTE: Worked at company HQ in Oakland.
Good office location, close to downtown Oakland, Lake Merritt, BART, and other transit options.
Great people who truly care about their company's mission. My boss brightened up an otherwise boring job.
Enjoyed weekly email "Messages from the CEO." He seems to truly care, as well.

ConsNOTE: Worked at company HQ in Oakland.
Limited outlets for creativity.
Claustrophobic work environment full of cubicles, artificial light, and secluded offices. You'd think a health-focused company would place higher value on employee health & happiness at the office...
Tightening budgets appear to be limiting opportunities for innovation and concentrating funding on core services.
Very bureaucratic at times. Old systems (think pre-digital) can make it difficult to find the information you need. But I know they're trying to digitize the massive business...

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that the "Thrive" campaign mission can apply to employees, too.

Kaiser Permanente marketing department job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros: Was an ok experience for me Cons: not very exciting or innovative More

Another big shot corporation....!!

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pay is good in general for RNs because KP only uses a few CNAs as runners....(but they don't really… Cons: No help, no teamwork, no CNAs only runners, KP is only preoccupied with their profit, KP doesn't care about their staff and their patients, understaffed… Advice to Senior Management: Management should be attuned to their staff and unit and seek constructive criticism. Management should take care of their unit and improve it by listening… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.