Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

Great people, not the best work environment

Intern (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsNOTE: Worked at company HQ in Oakland.
Good office location, close to downtown Oakland, Lake Merritt, BART, and other transit options.
Great people who truly care about their company's mission. My boss brightened up an otherwise boring job.
Enjoyed weekly email "Messages from the CEO." He seems to truly care, as well.

ConsNOTE: Worked at company HQ in Oakland.
Limited outlets for creativity.
Claustrophobic work environment full of cubicles, artificial light, and secluded offices. You'd think a health-focused company would place higher value on employee health & happiness at the office...
Tightening budgets appear to be limiting opportunities for innovation and concentrating funding on core services.
Very bureaucratic at times. Old systems (think pre-digital) can make it difficult to find the information you need. But I know they're trying to digitize the massive business...

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that the "Thrive" campaign mission can apply to employees, too.

Kaiser Permanente marketing department job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros: Was an ok experience for me Cons: not very exciting or innovative More

Kaiser Permanente is a wonderful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Employees are set up for success. The mission/vision of the organization are second to none.… Cons: There is a vast variety of management styles throughout the organization, so different people can have very different experiences as people work for people first.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!