There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Hospital Wardclerk

Current Employee - Ward Clerk in Honolulu, HI
Current Employee - Ward Clerk in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Always room for moving up the system, but if your willing to wait and work your butt off for 5-6 years.
-I love my boss and executive leaders, their very easy to talk to and listen to your feedback and concerns.
-Benefits are awesome.
-Colleagues are awesome.

Cons

-When union stuff comes up its hard to get things done, because everyone gets distracted by it.
-Sometimes there's ignorant people from other floors/units of the hospital hounding you.

You guys are doing an awesome job and I know you try your best to maintain a good workplace while trying to satisfy your patients.

reviews filtered by
  1. A great place to work

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Kaiser Permanente is really the type of organization you can grow in your career. As an HR person, I came in with limited experience however over the last 20 years, I have had the opportunity to have many careers! People with initiative are recognized and you have the opportunity to really make a difference.

Cons

Kaiser Permanente is a very large and complex organization. It does take some time to be fully oriented and really understand your resources and how to be really benefit from its' size.

2. Solid training for Psychologists

Former Employee - Psychiatrist in Vallejo, CA
    Former Employee - Psychiatrist in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working as a post-doc at Kaiser provides a broad exposure to treatment modalities and especially to patient presenting problems. There is no shortage of patients ever.

Cons

There is no shortage of patients ever--treating psychologists and physicians are pushed to the limits of case load, and psychology/psychiatry patients in particular are not seen often enough.

Increase staff to be able to decrease case loads and improve quality of care.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente