Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,357 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Love it! Hope to retire from here.

Marketing (Current Employee)
Burbank, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat mission that builds on its roots and commitment to what's right. Financially conservative in some ways, which leads to relative job stability. People here truly care.

ConsManagement in marketing is not so great. Many poor hiring decisions at executive level have led to turnover at mid-to-senior level management level. Mid-level management misbehavior is tolerated too long without being addressed. Staff feels lack of vision, other than that we need to save money and work more efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive equal value to seasoned ("legacy") folks and newer folks with varied experience. The old way alone will no longer work, but moving forward without valuing historical knowledge will sink us. Truly empower us and don't treat us like children with management theory cliches (this mesage to a select few)

Programming Analyst

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People are very friendly. Nice place to work. Cons: Some managers are not up-to-date on tech. Advice to Senior Management: It would be great if management can improve their tech… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I felt that I was a part of extremely important work: making people's lives better through healthcare.

Senior Medical Planner/Architect (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great benefits; great salary; practically every sort of field, job, or discipline under the sun;… Cons: Depending on the department, there may be little chance for advancement opportunities. Salary increases tend to be small… Advice to Senior Management: Consider increasing "rank & file" staff in your department - those who must handle the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.