Love it! Hope to retire from here.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great mission that builds on its roots and commitment to what's right. Financially conservative in some ways, which leads to relative job stability. People here truly care.

Cons

Management in marketing is not so great. Many poor hiring decisions at executive level have led to turnover at mid-to-senior level management level. Mid-level management misbehavior is tolerated too long without being addressed. Staff feels lack of vision, other than that we need to save money and work more efficiently.

Give equal value to seasoned ("legacy") folks and newer folks with varied experience. The old way alone will no longer work, but moving forward without valuing historical knowledge will sink us. Truly empower us and don't treat us like children with management theory cliches (this mesage to a select few)

Other Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Programming Analyst

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are very friendly. Nice place to work.

Cons

Some managers are not up-to-date on tech.

It would be great if management can improve their tech skills.

I felt that I was a part of extremely important work: making people's lives better through healthcare.

Former Employee - Senior Medical Planner/Architect  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Medical Planner/Architect in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits; great salary; practically every sort of field, job, or discipline under the sun; brilliant people; my job allowed me to foster relationships with hundreds of people throughout the US.

Cons

Depending on the department, there may be little chance for advancement opportunities. Salary increases tend to be small - typically 2-4%. Highly regulated organization (Federal, State, Local), so there are strict limitations on business processes, etc.

Consider increasing "rank & file" staff in your department - those who must handle the daily work to keep everything running - in addition to creating and filling senior leadership roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!