Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

I felt that I was a part of extremely important work: making people's lives better through healthcare.

Senior Medical Planner/Architect (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits; great salary; practically every sort of field, job, or discipline under the sun; brilliant people; my job allowed me to foster relationships with hundreds of people throughout the US.

ConsDepending on the department, there may be little chance for advancement opportunities. Salary increases tend to be small - typically 2-4%. Highly regulated organization (Federal, State, Local), so there are strict limitations on business processes, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider increasing "rank & file" staff in your department - those who must handle the daily work to keep everything running - in addition to creating and filling senior leadership roles.

Hope to retire from Kaiser Permanente!

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros: + very competitive starting salary and annual increases (I received two raises after 1.5 years on the job) + industry-leading benefits - PTO that really adds… Cons: - because it's such a large organization, things tend to move slowly, there's a ton of red-tape, and sometimes you need to wait on approvals… Advice to Senior Management: > cut down on meetings. seriously, if you cut 50% of meetings, you'd be amazed at all the things that can get accomplished > call out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice place to work, good people, great mission

Web Developer (Current Employee)
Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Kaiser is out to make people healthy. It's great to know… Cons: Some of the office work away from the hospitals can be boring and… Advice to Senior Management: Try to keep the atmosphere fun. Laughter is good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.