Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,497 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Very happy working for kaiser!

Admitting Representative (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsKaiser provides a wonderful service to its members having all medical services under one roof so to speak. I have found that patients are able to be treated faster and more accurately with this system. As an employee, knowing we provide a better service to our members makes for a positive outlook. Kaiser pays very well, and provides exceptional medical benefits to its FT and PT employees. There are lots of other benefits such has vacation time, sick leave, education leave that make working there even more rewarding. I have also made many many friends throughout the Kaiser network.

ConsIn my experience at Kaiser, the hardest thing to deal with has been the fact that there is hardly any accountability for employees who are not performing up to par. This is partly due to the fact that many areas are union, which makes disciplinary action difficult. This issue can be a bit of a drag for other employees, and can affect members/patients as well.

The best

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Ontario, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good salary, stable company, good union Cons: Poor management, worried about numbers not employees Advice to Senior Management: Check managers if they're doing their job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Patient Access Specialist

Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: great pay and benefits including medical, dental, and 401k match Cons: medical care is only so so and morale can be… Advice to Senior Management: work on employee retention-- work with the employees-- union or non-union, to create a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.