There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Kensington, MD
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Kensington, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Communication between other departments is not perfect, but better than any other manage care health care company. The benefits are great. I truly felt well taken care of by the company. The technology used for electronic health record (health connect) is better than a regular doctor’s office that uses paper chards. Patients can electronically send in RX refills and email there doctor. Lab results are available right away. The quality of care given to our patients is great. I worked for other insurance companies and know how hard it is for patients to get the most simple of care.

Cons

Some of the staff are not motivated and are hired because they know someone in the company. That means there are several people that are not competent for the job. I know plenty of well trained people who have been turned down by Kaiser for a job. Union takes dues from your paycheck and don’t help when you need them.

It’s hard to create a new position for a new specialized position because of the union. The Union generalizes the employees and puts them is positions that that don’t reflect there real job.

1657 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

clinical 3

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Benefits, wages, employees, vacation time,

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get time off

More positive feedback for the staff

Could use a little more "thrive" and a little less stress...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay. Genuine motivation to provide excellent service to our members. Supportive and enjoyable community in which to work.

Cons

Heavy, heavy work load. Hiring freeze and heavy work load leading to unreasonable work load for existing employees.

Recognize that workplace safety, employee job satisfaction, and attendance can not be brought under control when department cuts cause overwhelming job responsibilities to existing employees

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!