They allow bad managers

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I used to love working there ------ MD and staff who care for patients are good. Management are tyrannts-------Irvine has problems, Its opposite of Thriving for the staff. What a dissappointment to the patients and others in the KP community Make sure you talk to other and see if management is OK

Cons

They protect the managers. Cant trust HR -no support. They protect the bad. The upper management complain about the patients being the problem. They have no responsibiltiy for themselves. Other KP others know of Irvines reputation. No wonder there are jobs their.

Advice to Management

YOU need leadership training.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Well rounded work environment

Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great hours, family oriented, work life balance.

Cons

There is slow advancement within department.

2. Some nice people and good workers, but the Manager and slackers...

Former Contractor - Contract Analyst
    Former Contractor - Contract Analyst

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as a contractor last year--there were some nice, diligent workers for the most part--very helpful to me...BUT

Cons

This is the most dysfunctional department I have ever worked in and I have a long work history!! I was appalled how a couple of workers in this department who are Union totally take advantage of the system They miss work 2 or 3 times a week or just come in when they feel like it!! This is no exaggeration at all. Evidently, that is ok if you are in the Union. So the good workers are overwhelmed with work taking up the slack for the others. So morale is extremely low. I am not normally a person who would say anything, but think KP needs to really look at this situation. What really is ironic--I came to work every day for 6 months and was told I did a good job--get along with everyone even though I saw some of the bad situations going on didn't get involved--but those 2 people still have permanent jobs, and I am still looking for a job.

Advice to Management

Would seriously take a look at management. (Contract production) It's not that they did not know their job, but let this situation go on.