Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Could be a better place

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Very good benefits. Can be a job for life if one chooses so. You only work as hard as you want

Cons

Way too much red tape and non value add work. Not enough opportunities to advance

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Some nice people and good workers, but the Manager and slackers...

Former Employee - Contract Analyst
    Former Employee - Contract Analyst

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a contractor last year--there were some nice, diligent workers for the most part--very helpful to me...BUT

Cons

This is the most dysfunctional department I have ever worked in and I have a long work history!! I was appalled how a couple of workers in this department who are Union totally take advantage of the system They miss work 2 or 3 times a week or just come in when they feel like it!! This is no exaggeration at all. Evidently, that is ok if you are in the Union. So the good workers are overwhelmed with work taking up the slack for the others. So morale is extremely low. I am not normally a person who would say anything, but think KP needs to really look at this situation. What really is ironic--I came to work every day for 6 months and was told I did a good job--get along with everyone even though I saw some of the bad situations going on didn't get involved--but those 2 people still have permanent jobs, and I am still looking for a job.

Would seriously take a look at management. (Contract production) It's not that they did not know their job, but let this situation go on.

Excellent managed care system

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Great benefits, excellent salary, academic environment

Cons

Numbers / data / outcome driven

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente