Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

The first ten years were a satisfying experience,the last 4 were somewhat disappointing.

Former Employee - Staff Technologist in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Staff Technologist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Kaiser does try to promote a diverse working environment. They also promote choices for their staff's over all health. They provide locations for their members for better access to Providers and health services and their salary and health care packages are very competitive.

Cons

Kaiser tends to have very stressful work environments. And they don't always live up to their commitment to staff goals. On occasion, their supervising staff is not in sync with the over all goals of the licensed staff of the departments.

Take the time to listen to the staff that has direct care responsibility with the patients. And be more flexible with staff work flow.

1873 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Great Company To Work for Kaiser Permanente

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Benefits at Kaiser are great, and the flexibility of having everything there. Also the flexibility for work shifts is good.

Cons

Employment opportunities come very slow internally, and sometimes people are very stressed out since it is a high impact company.

I think the mangers are good here, but if I could say anything, I would say to be a little more patient with emergencies and stuff that ensue with employees outside lives.

Overall a Good Company to Work For

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits; diversity; flexible schedules; a lot of areas to grow your career. I recommend moving to a new department every 2-3 years for growth purposes.

Cons

People who work with their "hair on fire" get promoted while those who quietly get the work done often slip through the cracks.

Consider ways to boost morale and encourage your team to participate in Thrive events, maybe even start your own events/challenge.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente