Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,491 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

A great company to work for, particularly if you like diverse opportunities with the stability of a single company.

Manager (Current Employee)
Pasadena, CA

ProsKP has a strong social mission which appealed to my previous experience in non-profits.
I've been able to wear multiple hats in multiple locations.
You can move as fast or as slow as you want in your career, there are always opportunities to move up.

ConsOften, the salary might not be comparable with the for profit world. There is a trade off between the stability of the job and the rich benefit package with the higher salary you might be able to command outside the organization.
The organization sometimes tolerates individual behavior that is not conducive to a high performing team.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the advice of the front line people, they understand the job.
Get rid of employees who don't have the appropriate people skills, regardless of whether they achieve results or not. It does more damage to the organization when you keep them. There are others out there in the job market that can achieve the same results and not leave a trail of devastation behind them.

Lots of pros and cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: They pay extremely well and provide excellent healthcare and other benefits; you… Cons: Their public image and their actual operations are sometimes at… Advice to Senior Management: I would remind them that employees are also members and should be treated as such. Also, the… More

Kaiser Permanente

Cyber Security (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Kaiser Permanent offers great benefits. The company is aggressively expanding in the existing regions. KPIT ranks as one of the… Cons: Poor conduct by management. Kaiser needs to establish an ethical code of conduct and strictly adhere to it.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.