Nice

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time

Pros

Some of the pros would have to be working around great people, and the nice environment. Of course, this is my opinion and this might vary from place to place, but there isn't that funky hospital-smell at Kaiser.

Cons

Downsides...this is inevitable, so it really isn't a "con" but you will end up meeting people that are not nice. This isn't limited to just other employees. I'm talking about patients, random angry people, etc.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Kaiser Permanente IT is awesome and super awesome

Former Contractor - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Contractor - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Kaiser Permanente IT was great experience to work and learn. Fantastic Team, Great Leadership and what a friendly environment to work with

Cons

Kaiser has lots processes due to Compliance. It can get in way of productivity but compliance is to protect company to guess you deal with it eventually.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I worked in Kaiser IT recruiting and what a knowledgeable and friendly team to work with.

2. Lots of pros and cons

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They pay extremely well and provide excellent healthcare and other benefits; you generally have all the tools you need to do your job well.

Cons

Their public image and their actual operations are sometimes at odds with each other. High stress and extremely political.

Advice to Management

I would remind them that employees are also members and should be treated as such. Also, the different leadership chains should talk to each other more - it would eliminate a lot of issues.