There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

25 years at Kaiser

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love Kaiser Permanente's politics.

Cons

So many employees makes it hard to be seen for promotions

1657 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Overall, interesting and rewarding

Former Employee - Clerk III
    Former Employee - Clerk III

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My last boss was totally terrific, and her predecessor was also excellent. Both are caring, compassionate women, totally different in personality and outlook, but very knowledgeable about their field.

Cons

Supervisors and some management who covered for each other and did not root out problems which caused the clerical and some of the field staff to inundate HR with transfer requests.

Make sure the supervisors and management work for and with each other to provide THEIR staff with support and understanding; assume the clerks are intelligent enough to do their jobs without having to micromanage them. That makes for an unhappy staff, and since the first contact with the departments are with the clerks, the best impressions are given to the public if they are happy with their jobs. Also, upper management could work a little better with the union(s) and not project an "us against them" attitude. Granted, the unions tended to be militant for the first several years I worked there and I fault them for that, but later, after they settled down a bit and were easier to work with, the general feeling I got from them that it was still "us versus management," not "us working together with management to produce the best possible contract for the employees, both professional and clerical."

Great patients and coworkers; little professional autonomy

Current Employee - Psychologist  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Psychologist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wraparound care; fantastic online medical record system and coordination between departments; newer facility

Cons

Too high patient volume; little professional autonomy or decision-making

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!