There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great patients and coworkers; little professional autonomy

Current Employee - Psychologist in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Psychologist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Wraparound care; fantastic online medical record system and coordination between departments; newer facility

Cons

Too high patient volume; little professional autonomy or decision-making

1698 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Overall, interesting and rewarding

Former Employee - Clerk III
    Former Employee - Clerk III

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My last boss was totally terrific, and her predecessor was also excellent. Both are caring, compassionate women, totally different in personality and outlook, but very knowledgeable about their field.

Cons

Supervisors and some management who covered for each other and did not root out problems which caused the clerical and some of the field staff to inundate HR with transfer requests.

Make sure the supervisors and management work for and with each other to provide THEIR staff with support and understanding; assume the clerks are intelligent enough to do their jobs without having to micromanage them. That makes for an unhappy staff, and since the first contact with the departments are with the clerks, the best impressions are given to the public if they are happy with their jobs. Also, upper management could work a little better with the union(s) and not project an "us against them" attitude. Granted, the unions tended to be militant for the first several years I worked there and I fault them for that, but later, after they settled down a bit and were easier to work with, the general feeling I got from them that it was still "us versus management," not "us working together with management to produce the best possible contract for the employees, both professional and clerical."

Practice what you preach

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Rockville, MD

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A very diverse group of worker, with folks that genuinely want their patients to feel better. Their
    creed motto is " healthy life style leads to healthy living " is very endearing. I must say they are
    try to achieve highest standards in healthcare.

Cons

Growth within this organization is slow and none existent. Management has too many layer for simple decisions to be made. Working for a healthcare organization where the workers do not look healthy, is like going to a mechanic that rides the bus.

Their management lack the empathy they speak of. Too many good workers displaced due to policy squabbles. The managers are swift to remove talented staff instead of aligning them with other position more suitable to their skill sets. Wasted talent off to other organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente