There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Making a difference in providing superior health care

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is generally flexible, allows you to get your work done the way you need to do it (at the management level). Work is usually rewarding and visibly moves the company forward.

Cons

Suffers from giant bureaucracy. Senior management does not always pay attention to effectiveness of lower level managers.

Follow through on making managers implement the good management principles that your consultants advise.

1687 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

36 YEARS OF THRIVING with KAISER as a REGISTERED NURSE

Current Employee - RN Labor and Delivery in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - RN Labor and Delivery in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

With the utmost pride serving our patients, improving horizontal relationships and advancing my nursing career, KAISER is an iconic company to thrive.

Cons

Fake until you make it, even it hurts...SMILE
    infect positive attitude

Keep the open door policy, respect both ways, strengthen fairness

Overall, interesting and rewarding

Former Employee - Clerk III
    Former Employee - Clerk III

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My last boss was totally terrific, and her predecessor was also excellent. Both are caring, compassionate women, totally different in personality and outlook, but very knowledgeable about their field.

Cons

Supervisors and some management who covered for each other and did not root out problems which caused the clerical and some of the field staff to inundate HR with transfer requests.

Make sure the supervisors and management work for and with each other to provide THEIR staff with support and understanding; assume the clerks are intelligent enough to do their jobs without having to micromanage them. That makes for an unhappy staff, and since the first contact with the departments are with the clerks, the best impressions are given to the public if they are happy with their jobs. Also, upper management could work a little better with the union(s) and not project an "us against them" attitude. Granted, the unions tended to be militant for the first several years I worked there and I fault them for that, but later, after they settled down a bit and were easier to work with, the general feeling I got from them that it was still "us versus management," not "us working together with management to produce the best possible contract for the employees, both professional and clerical."

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente