Kaiser Permanente

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

KP cares about quality and service. Great place to work, lots of personal growth opportunity, great co workers.

Cons

Very complex and at times slow.

Keep it up.

1794 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Kaiser Permanente,"looking good" over "being good". Thrive? You aren't "in" you won't survive.

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Great intent, and compelling cause to make a difference. Good advances in healthcare, and innovation on the healthcare front.

Cons

Secret deals, politics, backbiting, discrimination, nepotism, and lack of management accountability compromise all that is good and promising about a career at KP. Employees that try to support the stated mission are bullied, criticized and mocked publically for trying to fix broken business systems.

Consider the lives you impact when your middle level managers are building empires when employees are notified they are "not liked", "incompetent" and made to resign from jobs without a performance plan, to hire more friends. If the employee was good enough to be hired at one time, perhaps the fairer thing to do is put them on a performance plan rather than fast tracking them out of the company explaining that you are failing, and there is no need to talk about it further. How many must resign because they fear they have no path when they are being bullied by a manager who will not make time to work with or know their people before they inherit and fire them.

Great experience

Former Employee - Volunteer in Harbor City, CA
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Harbor City, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente (less than an year)

Pros

I volunteered here for six months and I really enjoyed it. I got to work in several different departments. Most of the people I worked with were very nice and some even tried helping me get a job there once I was finished with school. Everyone I talked to seemed to really love working there.

Cons

One department I volunteered in made me feel like I was so below them just because I was a volunteer. I was there for 8 hours a day just like them but they made me feel bad for wanting to take a break.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente