Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,353 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Great company to join

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

ProsIt really feels like they care about your well being. Management and Coworkers are all very competent and friendly. I have enjoyed working here since day one. It is a very large company so there is a lot more red tape and bureaucracy than you would find at a start up, typical workweek hours but they are pretty flexible about timing as long as you get your job done.

ConsDress code: shirt and tie. The huge company feel is nice for the stability but it doesn't have that same fun atmosphere that new start ups can have.

Coworkers are very friendly, but it is definitely an older crowd so there isn't as much fun and creative thinking which can make the office a bit dry. Office groups aren't as tightly knit as they could be.

KP is a great company

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Challenging interesting important valuable work Cons: Pressure is increasing - as it is everywhere Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

KP is a solid, good-intentioned organization

Manager (Current Employee)
Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: large organization provides many internal opportunities and career paths. Cons: large organization and "consensus" culture gets in the way of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.