Wonderful organizational culture

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Wonderful organizational culture, great leadership, caring employees

Cons

hard to find a job if you are an external candidate

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Anti-Thrive

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had some great co-workers, which is the only reason to work there. My original managers were friendly and supportive.

Cons

Rigid culture. Constant reorganizations. After several years of observation and sharing experiences with many people, in my opinion upper management does not care about their employees whatsoever. They employ a variety of nasty tactics to force targeted people out, singly or in groups. You would not expect such astonishingly juvenile behavior from adults, let alone senior management: Bullying, harassment, cliques, ostracism, shaming.

I am so thankful for what I learned but the expectations on manangement need to be evaluated.

Former Employee - Clinical Supervisor in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Supervisor in Martinez, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large network of resources and great benefits. High pay but way too many hours.

Cons

.No real HR to assist management, union issues are constant and ongoing with no real way to have life-work balance. Having to follow disciplinary action with staff even when it is the most trivial issue. Lack of team work accompanied by finger pointing providing a negative feeling within the team. Lack of equal division of work. Some management employees do nothing while others get project after project given to them. An example would be one manager getting to arrange the xmas party and another doing additional reports.

Advice to Management

Upper leadership needs to stop making rules for lower management when they have no idea what is going on.
    The unions are an issue for 2 reasons. The first is that management is not allowed to be honest and the second is that there is huge distrust that has existed for years.