There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great benefits, good healthcare, solid employment

Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Kaiser for 13 years working in the IT field. The people on the business and medical side are great to work with. They are flexible on hours and allow us to work from home once a week. I feel generally apprised of what is going on in the company and benefited from a positive outside view of the healthcare Kaiser provides.

Cons

The technology is severely outdated. The bureaucracy is about the worst I have seen as far as getting things done, getting software upgrades, network connectivity, utilizing decent hardware, and going to tablets and handhelds. IT management is completely disjointed from healthcare delivery. IT services are much more interested in filling out the paperwork and going through the extensive motions than they are of delivering a product or service. If you like filling out forms, waiting in endless lines for approval, and OK with the status quo, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on the business of healthcare and cut the administrative fat and overhead.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. KPSD provides working environment, upward mobility

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, collaborative teams, supportive work environment, opportunity for advancement, a commitment to core values, good work/life balance

Cons

having defending organization and its reputation to folks outside the company, could be better about sharing knowledge and resources between branch offices throughout San Diego.

2. Nice people, positive attitudes.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are the best in their field of expertise. Great communications within the department.

Cons

Many, many tele-meetings, leaving little time to actually be able to tackle projects and produce and surpass the targeted goals.

Advice to Management

Listen to the managers that are interacting at grass roots level.