Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,496 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, good healthcare, solid employment

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsI've been with Kaiser for 13 years working in the IT field. The people on the business and medical side are great to work with. They are flexible on hours and allow us to work from home once a week. I feel generally apprised of what is going on in the company and benefited from a positive outside view of the healthcare Kaiser provides.

ConsThe technology is severely outdated. The bureaucracy is about the worst I have seen as far as getting things done, getting software upgrades, network connectivity, utilizing decent hardware, and going to tablets and handhelds. IT management is completely disjointed from healthcare delivery. IT services are much more interested in filling out the paperwork and going through the extensive motions than they are of delivering a product or service. If you like filling out forms, waiting in endless lines for approval, and OK with the status quo, this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the business of healthcare and cut the administrative fat and overhead.

High stress for good benefits

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are amazing (but this is going to change soon) and a… Cons: Management is all talk and no show, they don't usually step in to help or teach what should be done. For every task that is… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your lower employees about what works, and treat… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Meh. Ok place. Very political.

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros: For health care IT, this is one of the cutting edge places to… Cons: Very political. If a vendor has ties to senior management they are impossible to control and KP will dismiss you, lay you off or discipline you… Advice to Senior Management: Change your IT leadership every 2-3 years from the manager level on up. Control your vendors big and small Get leadership and staff who are better rounded… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.