Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,492 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work...depending on your manager

Governance, Reporting and Communications Manager (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

ProsWonderful company culture and the leadership believes and embraces the work life balance; it is not just talk. Many avenues to pursue once you get inside. It is a family and there are many wonderful things to work on within the scope of Kaiser Permenente. I worked in IT and it is a large comfortable campus with perks like subsidized lunch and music performances, also quality materials to work with. They are not cheap. Very reasonable, flexible and empowering of the individual.

ConsI got a bad director. She just couldn't handle the managerial aspects of her newly promoted state and gave no guidance whatsoever as to regular duties or deliverables to be produced or tasks to be performed, and she never got back with requested or required input on projects or deliverables, which made it difficult to get things done. I was let go without any more information than "it just didn't work out" which is hard to swallow when you are a senior level contributor with 25 years experience. Other directors are far better.

Advice to Senior ManagementGovernance, Reporting and Communications should be run by someone who actually can spell and use Word at a professional level, understands Excel and producing metric diagrams via automated applications instead of hand cut and paste and the errors prone to human interventions in reporting, and understands that governance is not just reporting on problems and golf-clapping a vendor for doing their job. Governance is in part ensuring SLA compliance and finding out and fixing what is wrong should SLAs not be met. At present, nothing is done to rectify problems from the director, the same action items remain for weeks and months and senior level leadership is forced to micro manage what should be a relatively straight forward position. Or it would be if I was allowed to implement the changes I proposed.

Great place to work for health care professionals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits. The organization is working hard to consistently deliver high quality… Cons: Command and control culture though they are trying to change… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Benefits are awesome: Full Cover health care, dental (for you and dependents) + life insurance, 401K, flex spending. Employee discounts has full range from sport… Cons: The work can sometimes be repetitive. Advice to Senior Management: The bonus should depend on the individual department scores and awarded by each department instead of the whole facility. Department… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.