Kaiser Permanente

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

overall friendly

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots versatility with great opportunites

Cons

Difficult to her hired permeate placement

n/a

1863 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Challenging and engaging work.

Current Employee - Public Affairs Manager in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Public Affairs Manager in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Upward mobility. Excellent training. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Somewhat bureaucratic and cumbersome structure.

Great place to work...depending on your manager

Former Employee - Governance, Reporting and Communications Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful company culture and the leadership believes and embraces the work life balance; it is not just talk. Many avenues to pursue once you get inside. It is a family and there are many wonderful things to work on within the scope of Kaiser Permenente. I worked in IT and it is a large comfortable campus with perks like subsidized lunch and music performances, also quality materials to work with. They are not cheap. Very reasonable, flexible and empowering of the individual.

Cons

I got a bad director. She just couldn't handle the managerial aspects of her newly promoted state and gave no guidance whatsoever as to regular duties or deliverables to be produced or tasks to be performed, and she never got back with requested or required input on projects or deliverables, which made it difficult to get things done. I was let go without any more information than "it just didn't work out" which is hard to swallow when you are a senior level contributor with 25 years experience. Other directors are far better.

Governance, Reporting and Communications should be run by someone who actually can spell and use Word at a professional level, understands Excel and producing metric diagrams via automated applications instead of hand cut and paste and the errors prone to human interventions in reporting, and understands that governance is not just reporting on problems and golf-clapping a vendor for doing their job. Governance is in part ensuring SLA compliance and finding out and fixing what is wrong should SLAs not be met. At present, nothing is done to rectify problems from the director, the same action items remain for weeks and months and senior level leadership is forced to micro manage what should be a relatively straight forward position. Or it would be if I was allowed to implement the changes I proposed.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente