Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

During my time with Kaiser in Ohio, my experiences were mixed.

Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee)
Brooklyn Heights, OH

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhile no longer in existence in Ohio (as of 2013), Kaiser was a good place to work for someone without a college degree and a little bit of experience. The pay for entry level customer relations was above average and was appropriate based on the work load you encountered.
The coworkers I had were all excellent in one way or another. Each had their own areas of expertise and there was always time to ask for help from someone when you needed it.
Supervisors/Management were always extremely helpful when you had a problem and typically bent over backwards to help you as much as possible.

ConsOne of the biggest problems in my department was the attendance. The department was very small in terms of being a "call center" and on any given day there would be 3-4 call offs, plus 1 or 2 people on vacation.
In addition to those out for vacation or call off, the FMLA provided in this department was atrocious. I understand that FMLA is needed and have no problem with those who utilize it properly. The problem was that there was at least 4+ people out on FMLA everyday. I can not say for certain, but I'm fairly positive there were those abusing FMLA.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would certainly have tighter controls on those out on FMLA. There are limitations for that type of leave and people need to be held accountable while utilizing it.
Promote from within for employees who show exceptional ability instead of remaining stagnant with what you already have in place.

It was a learning experience

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros: Gaining knowledge in their industry Cons: Labor Staff not working to par Advice to Senior Management: assure contract between Kaiser and Union does not have as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

medical surgery

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: stable, generous benefits, good for money, balance life and career Cons: no challenge, limited improvement, not flexible schedule, always night shift Advice to Senior Management: work efficiently Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.