Kaiser Permanente

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kind of Thrive?

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Honolulu, HI
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and wonderful environment. Very understanding of personal issues and with taking of personal family matters.

Cons

Not much for career opportunities in region locations outside of California and Colorado. Promotions or pay increases are hard to come by and depends on the management you work with.

1752 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

hospice/palliative care

Current Employee - Hospice Palliative Care in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Hospice Palliative Care in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is good, benefits great.

Cons

It's a hard job. There is an incredible amount of busy work they lay on you and it cuts into the time you need to accomplish a days work in time. Lots of off the clock work because it's so poorly run and organized. You are never done, ever.. and when you say something about it (and we ALL have), they tell you that you have time management issues. We all have time management issues? Most of the nurses cannot work full time for long. The managers don't have management training. They don't provide ways to make your job manageable. What they do is just add one more thing you have to do every day. And deny you administrative time to accomplish it. They don't get it at all. If they simplified it, I could see more patients.

None of the managers have worked a day as a hospice palliative care nurse. I'd like to see them take a case load and try to do what they say is expected. Maybe then they would see how much money they waste paying overtime for what amounts to clerical work as menial as ordering supplies and equipment, faxing orders, etc. All that stuff eats into our time.

Not a Pleasant experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good Benefits if you are working as a permanent employee.

Cons

In case of consultant, its bad experience. I worked for a department which doesn't come under KPIT. Don't have place to sit. Every day we have to book a conference room to sit. It need to be done all the days. Initially I thought its a joke, but its the reality. They won't provide monitor, with laptop you have to work all along. Production support is part of daily work and no proper knowledge transfer for that. Its least ideal environment to work in.

Please assign a desk so that consultants can also work freely.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente