Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser work environment

Current Employee - Consultant in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Consultant in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Great benefits and people, flexible work environment, working on important and meaningful work, large company so lots of resources to tap into

Cons

communication black holes, leaders sometimes not aligned

communication is key and must be cascaded

1796 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Tech/Software Support in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Tech/Software Support in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Very worker friendly, union friendly and liberal place to work, care about the well being of the employees, as relaxed a corporate enviornment as a hospital can be. Generally skilled employees and professionals, who know how to do their jobs and are good at communicating what they need from me. Generally smart management who are good at communicating expectations and responsibilities.

Cons

no way to transfer easily from one site to another, I would have to interview for the job I currently have to get the same position in another site. Pay could be better but they make up for it in benefits.

Make it easier to transfer. It's a big company, and that makes it hard for things to happen quickly, I'm not sure that there is a way around that but greater acknowledgement about how difficult it is to enact change might be a good idea. Overall, you guys are doing a pretty good job, you're forward thinking enough to know that we have to be thinking about new ways to deliver care if we are going to remain viable as a company. Please don't become a place that's all about profit, We are about health care! It may not be glamourous or lucrative, but it makes me proud to know that that is what we do and it's why I continue to be proud of my job and where I work.

Nice place to work if you do not want career advancement!

Former Employee - Medical Lab Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Medical Lab Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

6 Percent raise a year along with a 2,000 bonus and free health insurance.
    Great pay! Union is a plus for health care workers.

Cons

no room for career advancement,
    the union is also bad because it is hard to fire employees. no matter how well or unwell you do your job, everyone gets the same raise no matter what because of the union.
    managers favor others.
    Kaiser will not be around forever, just like the auto industry, their pension plans and retiree benefits are going to be their downfall.

Cut benefits and pay to save money. Cancel the pension plan for all future employees as this will be the downfall of kaiser permanente.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente