Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Managerial Consultant in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Managerial Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and vacation time. KP treats it's people well.

Cons

Didn't care for the dept. I worked in. Wish I could have changed depts.

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Racial discrimination & blacklisted for standing up for your rights.

Former Employee - Moa in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Moa in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is in the top % for nurses however, you pay for it in the end.

Cons

Can't speak for the other states however, Georgia Kaiser Permanente is one of the worst places to work if you are Caucasian and/or believe in standing up for your rights. The moment you question authority you are blacklisted & it becomes only a matter of time before you are gone. The rules are different for every employee based on the color of your skin, who you know & how much ass you kiss. Poorly handled management track, you can literally move up 6 positions in a year if your skin is the right color or you kiss the right ass, doesn't matter how little experience or education you have. Once you have worked for KP no other respectable medical organization wants you so think twice before accepting a position.

Contractors treated badly

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Perm employees know their stuff
    Work can be challenging

Cons

- Perm employees are tired to retraining contractors because they rehire for every project vs hiring people for sustainability or continuity. Contractor acquire a lot of knowledge so much after a 2 year project then they are let go to save money.
    - Oppressive working conditions in Pleasanton kaiser basically put 6 contractors into a small room.
    - I see projects show "on track" without any questioning.
    - Pay rate is very low about 20% lower than what other companies offer.
    - They give you a ton of work but say nobody put over 40hrs on their timecard. You need to ask for approval first but I often got a load of work dumped on me on a thursday, fri, or day before a long weekend that was due monday.

Anytime I see a job opening from Kaiser IT, I know it's not worth the effort, conditions nor pay rate.

Find a way to rate and retain good contractors. Keep a portion of your permanent employee base fresh and not at the political mercy of the perm employees that have self serving goals. Ask hard questions in projects that have contractors on board and find a way to get information from them. They will be honest and know they may not stay anyways so they wil most likely be very conservative or accurate at the very least.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente