Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

Kaiser Permanente - many possibilities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsKaiser offers many types of employment, everything from direct patient care to Marketing, Finance, and Research. Once in, your ability to move around is great. As you grow, so can your career - networking is very important once inside. Kaiser believes in promoting from within but is not afraid to go outsite to bring in the best. The benefits are also very good and currently include tuition reimbursement.

ConsAs a non-profit HMO, the focus is on providing excellent healthcare at the lowest costs. Revenue deficits are typically absorbed by the company instead being passed on to the customer. Because of this, salaries are typically lower than in the for-profit market. Also, employees must make sacrifices such as doing more with less, including being understaffed, and at times work without a cost of living raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness should not always be about the bottom line. People deserve at least a cost of living increase every year and this needs to be built into the business plan. No increase creates low morale, low morale creates production and human resource loss, all of this equates to financial loss.

Great place to work, a company who keeps the member's need in front of all decisions.

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Opportunity and width and depth in knowledge, leadership and data Cons: Matrix and Consensus driven management, therefore decisions linger or are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The best employer I have ever worked for.

Ward Clerk Transcriber (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay, excellent benefits, offers lots of opportunity for advancement. Cons: It's a union job so lazy and bad workers almost… Advice to Senior Management: Management only has so much power against the union. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!