There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

The section that I work in is micro managed, and the staff had been unhappy with the managers.

Current Employee - Analyst in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can teach yourself new skills that you can utilizes on a new job that you might have in the future. Our department does not require that we are rocket scientist, and if you have a rocket scientist mind you will hate working in this department.

Cons

Our group is micro managed, and recommendations to improved tasks are not take seriously. The skills of the group are not up to date. If this group worked outside of Kaiser, then they would have to really upgrade the current skills that they have.

Need to start focusing more on better ways to motivate your employees.

1687 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Appointment center

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The benefits package is amazing, most of the doctors are really great. Plenty of room for growth and education. The jobs are union which is usually a good thing.

Cons

There are some cons to working here, one you generally start off as an on call agent, and with the way things are looking it doesn't seem like they are going to be offering any full time or part time positions. This is so they can at any time manipulate your schedule to their own advantage. Management does not care about you and if you have any disability or special circumstances or health requirement KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. It seems like the goal is to get anyone with health issues out of there. Management will also lie if it suits their purposes. Be careful with whom you befriend, They have people on the floor who report back to them.

The overall culture of the department will cause KP to lose great employees. Some restructuring is definitely needed, if not restructuring then at least an in depth review.

Was a wonderful opportunity to cut my teeth on in the IT industry. Taught many valuable cross industry skills .

Former Employee - PC Field Service Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - PC Field Service Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing people who care about the members they service.

Cons

Culture changing from one of customer service to one of quantitative numbers. Instead of treating customers as customers treating as numbers and losing sight of the purpose and mission of the IT dept in a large enterprise. Will b e surprised if the Desktop Technicians are still in house in the near future.

Rethink the direction you are asking to go, the investment in time and people will be less costly if corrected prior to outsourcing. Other companies that have tried the out source route are bring most IT services back in house.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente