There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

I had a great experience here because I felt like I was getting a lot of experience, and I was being well taken care of.

Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to make an educated decision on what I wanted to do, and things I might enjoy doing. I also learned to deal with impatient patients and being able to take in confrontation and to deal with customers without having a feeling of sympathy but professionalism.

Cons

The challenges were definitely the patients. Sometimes I was a bit overwhelmed, the co-workers definitely lacked enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

My advice is to promote more positivity amongst the co-workers, I knew they were already getting paid well. They just needed to appreciate their job more, and I believe the management should applaud each and every one of them for doing well or improving. Everyone in the work environment just needed to be pushed to do better.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for. They pay their employees well and the benefits are far above most employers.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company vision and business model are progressive and forward thinking. Kaiser is we positioned to meet the challenges of Afffordable Care Act.

Cons

Kaiser could do better with developing and empowering its employees to move up the career ladder as opposed to hiring external.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Good people..good medicine. I like the old slogan better!

Former Employee - Information Technology in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. Everyone has the same goal & purpose, which is to provide patient care.

Cons

There's a lot of politics, constant rules change & roadblocks, which keeps you very doing a simple job. There's so much red tape, that a 5 min job, will now take u an hour to do.

Advice to Management

Be more consider and caring, listen & provide support to your staff, good or bad. There are out in the field representing u.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente