I had a great experience here because I felt like I was getting a lot of experience, and I was being well taken care of.

Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant  in  Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to make an educated decision on what I wanted to do, and things I might enjoy doing. I also learned to deal with impatient patients and being able to take in confrontation and to deal with customers without having a feeling of sympathy but professionalism.

Cons

The challenges were definitely the patients. Sometimes I was a bit overwhelmed, the co-workers definitely lacked enthusiasm.

My advice is to promote more positivity amongst the co-workers, I knew they were already getting paid well. They just needed to appreciate their job more, and I believe the management should applaud each and every one of them for doing well or improving. Everyone in the work environment just needed to be pushed to do better.

Other Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

satisfying

Former Employee - Volunteer Shift Leader  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Volunteer Shift Leader in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than a year

Pros

I volunteering here during my high school years and it was very good for extracurricular activities

Cons

this takes up a lot of your time. I worked every tuesday from 4 to 7 all through out the year

you guys are doing a great job

Very secure but very slow to advance.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is secure and the benefits are great.

Cons

It can be frustrating to try to get your job done because of how slow moving everything is due to the amount of bureaucracy that accompanies an employer of this size.

Many people stay with the company a long time so a) many tenured coast by doing as little as possible and b) highly motivated and skilled staff leave when there is no hint of advancement.

Address issues with underperforming employees rather than having other employees have to make up the gap. Maintaining advanced patient care is really important but sometimes it is just as important to spend money to advance behind the scenes supporting departments/software/equipment.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!