There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

I had a great experience here because I felt like I was getting a lot of experience, and I was being well taken care of.

Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to make an educated decision on what I wanted to do, and things I might enjoy doing. I also learned to deal with impatient patients and being able to take in confrontation and to deal with customers without having a feeling of sympathy but professionalism.

Cons

The challenges were definitely the patients. Sometimes I was a bit overwhelmed, the co-workers definitely lacked enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

My advice is to promote more positivity amongst the co-workers, I knew they were already getting paid well. They just needed to appreciate their job more, and I believe the management should applaud each and every one of them for doing well or improving. Everyone in the work environment just needed to be pushed to do better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Former Employee

Former Employee - Project Manager I in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager I in Burbank, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kaiser is a great company to work for. Great benefits and compensation. Depending on your supervisor, there are a lot of opportunities and they want you to have a life and work balance. It is like a big family not only within your own department but with other departments as well. Many of the employees here take much pride being apart of Kaiser and are usually with the company for long duration.

Cons

There is a management disconnect, many of the departments do not communicate among each other, causing there to be a ripple in communication. And many departments do not know the work that one another does. Instead of working together, each departments work against each other many times, as a competition, which significantly slows the process of certain goals.

Organizational Mishap

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health Care is a secure field. Working with creative intelligent people.

Cons

Management takes way to long to make decisions. They hire for talent and question every suggestion made even when a business case is presented. They promote those from within who are not qualified - but liked by senior management. No consistent practices! Organization works in silos!

Advice to Management

During reorganizational times ensure there is proper support to keep programs in place.