Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

I had a great experience here because I felt like I was getting a lot of experience, and I was being well taken care of.

Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to make an educated decision on what I wanted to do, and things I might enjoy doing. I also learned to deal with impatient patients and being able to take in confrontation and to deal with customers without having a feeling of sympathy but professionalism.

Cons

The challenges were definitely the patients. Sometimes I was a bit overwhelmed, the co-workers definitely lacked enthusiasm.

My advice is to promote more positivity amongst the co-workers, I knew they were already getting paid well. They just needed to appreciate their job more, and I believe the management should applaud each and every one of them for doing well or improving. Everyone in the work environment just needed to be pushed to do better.

1936 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for. They pay their employees well and the benefits are far above most employers.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company vision and business model are progressive and forward thinking. Kaiser is we positioned to meet the challenges of Afffordable Care Act.

Cons

Kaiser could do better with developing and empowering its employees to move up the career ladder as opposed to hiring external.

Keep up the good work!

Best integrated healthcare organization anywhere!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great care / preventive care model. Fairly good promotion opportunities. Excellent CEO, Bernard Tyson. Seems to really care about its front-line staff.

Cons

They really struggle with being a national healthcare player. Great in CA, OR, and MD. Fairly good in CO. Really, really struggles in GA.

Labor agreements really get in the way of getting things done. They have to promote a union culture but we would be better off with the union environment.

Listen, Listen, Listen. The CEO is great at this but other executives just are not.

Go big in other regions outside of CA or go home.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente