Overall Great place to work,

Current Employee - Manager in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 403b matching contributions, overall good work/life balance, excellent health benefits, great mission statement and most employees strive to live up to it

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, limited training opportunities; too many layers and politics; high emphasis on optics and not enough on substance

Advice to Management

Management should be more hands on and focus on business and care execution and less on politics.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

I had a great experience here because I felt like I was getting a lot of experience, and I was being well taken care of.

Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Student Pharmacy Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to make an educated decision on what I wanted to do, and things I might enjoy doing. I also learned to deal with impatient patients and being able to take in confrontation and to deal with customers without having a feeling of sympathy but professionalism.

Cons

The challenges were definitely the patients. Sometimes I was a bit overwhelmed, the co-workers definitely lacked enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

My advice is to promote more positivity amongst the co-workers, I knew they were already getting paid well. They just needed to appreciate their job more, and I believe the management should applaud each and every one of them for doing well or improving. Everyone in the work environment just needed to be pushed to do better.

Organizational Mishap

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health Care is a secure field. Working with creative intelligent people.

Cons

Management takes way to long to make decisions. They hire for talent and question every suggestion made even when a business case is presented. They promote those from within who are not qualified - but liked by senior management. No consistent practices! Organization works in silos!

Advice to Management

During reorganizational times ensure there is proper support to keep programs in place.