Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

Good place to work!

Pros

If you like serving others then this is a great place to be. Every department has the ability to make a difference.

Cons

There should be more support / communication within the immediate Manager Team for the employees that support them.

Give better details of what is expected and provide ALL the necessary tools to do the jobs efficiently.

Other reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great place to work with many avenues of career expansion.

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA

Pros

Great compensation and work/life balance. I worked on-call for 3.5 years and short hour (16 hr/week) for the latter 1.5 years of my employment, being able to work on average of 24-32 hours a week by picking up additional hours. The atmosphere around the hospital is generally positive, and there are a lot of neat events to partake in such as the Friday Farmer's Market and wellness celebrations at the adjacent Mosswood Park.

Cons

Favoritism was a major culprit in this department's lackluster management. Even as I often voluntarily covered specific shifts workable around my schedule from those who called in sick, I found myself reassigned elsewhere with double workload because another cross-covering lab assistant didn't want to "do a different job title's work." Complaining to the manager only resulted in me being admonished because I "wasn't being a team player." If you work here, bond with your co-workers, as they generally want to help and defend you.
    Also, transferring to another facility can deem difficult because most other facilities are under a different bargaining unit.

Please listen to your employees; many of the veteran techs, scientists, and support staff know what they are doing. if you want to change something, seek input from and work with them since making numbers and figures more efficient doesn't always necessarily translate well on the bench.

Overall Great place to work,

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Great benefits, 403b matching contributions, overall good work/life balance, excellent health benefits, great mission statement and most employees strive to live up to it

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, limited training opportunities; too many layers and politics; high emphasis on optics and not enough on substance

Management should be more hands on and focus on business and care execution and less on politics.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!