There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Good place to work!

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you like serving others then this is a great place to be. Every department has the ability to make a difference.

Cons

There should be more support / communication within the immediate Manager Team for the employees that support them.

Give better details of what is expected and provide ALL the necessary tools to do the jobs efficiently.

1698 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with many avenues of career expansion.

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and work/life balance. I worked on-call for 3.5 years and short hour (16 hr/week) for the latter 1.5 years of my employment, being able to work on average of 24-32 hours a week by picking up additional hours. The atmosphere around the hospital is generally positive, and there are a lot of neat events to partake in such as the Friday Farmer's Market and wellness celebrations at the adjacent Mosswood Park.

Cons

Favoritism was a major culprit in this department's lackluster management. Even as I often voluntarily covered specific shifts workable around my schedule from those who called in sick, I found myself reassigned elsewhere with double workload because another cross-covering lab assistant didn't want to "do a different job title's work." Complaining to the manager only resulted in me being admonished because I "wasn't being a team player." If you work here, bond with your co-workers, as they generally want to help and defend you.
    Also, transferring to another facility can deem difficult because most other facilities are under a different bargaining unit.

Please listen to your employees; many of the veteran techs, scientists, and support staff know what they are doing. if you want to change something, seek input from and work with them since making numbers and figures more efficient doesn't always necessarily translate well on the bench.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is stable and has good benefits,

Cons

It takes a long time to make changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente