Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great place to work with many avenues of career expansion.

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and work/life balance. I worked on-call for 3.5 years and short hour (16 hr/week) for the latter 1.5 years of my employment, being able to work on average of 24-32 hours a week by picking up additional hours. The atmosphere around the hospital is generally positive, and there are a lot of neat events to partake in such as the Friday Farmer's Market and wellness celebrations at the adjacent Mosswood Park.

Cons

Favoritism was a major culprit in this department's lackluster management. Even as I often voluntarily covered specific shifts workable around my schedule from those who called in sick, I found myself reassigned elsewhere with double workload because another cross-covering lab assistant didn't want to "do a different job title's work." Complaining to the manager only resulted in me being admonished because I "wasn't being a team player." If you work here, bond with your co-workers, as they generally want to help and defend you.
Also, transferring to another facility can deem difficult because most other facilities are under a different bargaining unit.

Please listen to your employees; many of the veteran techs, scientists, and support staff know what they are doing. if you want to change something, seek input from and work with them since making numbers and figures more efficient doesn't always necessarily translate well on the bench.

1943 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, great long term benefits

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

innovative projects, stable organization, pension plan

Cons

Bureaucratic environment, lack of leadership, reactive rathern an proactive

Experience at KP

Current Employee - Lead Project Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, discounts, work-life balance some areas ability to work from home,

Cons

Hard to transfer to other areas, leadership, systems. low pay, reviews are inconsistent, management who don't know what they are doing

They should ensure that Kaiser staff is able to transfer to other areas before hiring outside people to learn more about the organizaion

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente