Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great place to work with many avenues of career expansion.

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and work/life balance. I worked on-call for 3.5 years and short hour (16 hr/week) for the latter 1.5 years of my employment, being able to work on average of 24-32 hours a week by picking up additional hours. The atmosphere around the hospital is generally positive, and there are a lot of neat events to partake in such as the Friday Farmer's Market and wellness celebrations at the adjacent Mosswood Park.

Cons

Favoritism was a major culprit in this department's lackluster management. Even as I often voluntarily covered specific shifts workable around my schedule from those who called in sick, I found myself reassigned elsewhere with double workload because another cross-covering lab assistant didn't want to "do a different job title's work." Complaining to the manager only resulted in me being admonished because I "wasn't being a team player." If you work here, bond with your co-workers, as they generally want to help and defend you.
Also, transferring to another facility can deem difficult because most other facilities are under a different bargaining unit.

Please listen to your employees; many of the veteran techs, scientists, and support staff know what they are doing. if you want to change something, seek input from and work with them since making numbers and figures more efficient doesn't always necessarily translate well on the bench.

1874 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Working for Kaiser

Current Employee - Data Security Analyst in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Data Security Analyst in Corona, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, training, personal growth

Cons

Layoffs, no advance notice when layoffs occur

A cool gig to have with great benefits

Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, supportive management, and work life balance

Cons

It's difficult to advance your career if you don't know the right people or position yourself properly. There's a lot of training to provide skill enhancement, but it doesn't help with getting that better paying job. The classes aren't recognized.

Assist staff with career advancement and discuss their short and long term goals. This should provide a better understanding of where they want to be and if they're comfortable with where they are.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente