Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

Great place to work with many avenues of career expansion.

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsGreat compensation and work/life balance. I worked on-call for 3.5 years and short hour (16 hr/week) for the latter 1.5 years of my employment, being able to work on average of 24-32 hours a week by picking up additional hours. The atmosphere around the hospital is generally positive, and there are a lot of neat events to partake in such as the Friday Farmer's Market and wellness celebrations at the adjacent Mosswood Park.

ConsFavoritism was a major culprit in this department's lackluster management. Even as I often voluntarily covered specific shifts workable around my schedule from those who called in sick, I found myself reassigned elsewhere with double workload because another cross-covering lab assistant didn't want to "do a different job title's work." Complaining to the manager only resulted in me being admonished because I "wasn't being a team player." If you work here, bond with your co-workers, as they generally want to help and defend you.
Also, transferring to another facility can deem difficult because most other facilities are under a different bargaining unit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to your employees; many of the veteran techs, scientists, and support staff know what they are doing. if you want to change something, seek input from and work with them since making numbers and figures more efficient doesn't always necessarily translate well on the bench.

Former Department Administrator

Department Administrator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great pay and great benefits! Excellent opportunity for career growth. Multiple leadership off sites to instill the… Cons: Physicians are the owners of SCPMG. If they decide they are no longer happy with you then you no longer have a career. Senior Management… Advice to Senior Management: Transparency in the truest form is key. Mentoring new managers is needed. Often times, they are left to figure it out on their own. Truly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very rewarding!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great work, great pay and great benefits! Cons: Long hours, limited work life balance. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the frontline. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!