There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser treats its employees well, but don't go here if you're looking for a challenge

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits - while I was there there was a very flexible work schedule. Working remotely once a week was very common for employees. Lots of opportunities for advancement or moving to a different department. My management team was awesome - very supportive and intelligent.

Cons

Many employees are able to skate by without doing much. The employee reviews weren't closely tied to bonuses. Very bureaucratic! Took forever to get many things done.

Advice to Management

Make employee reviews more closely tied to bonuses...incentivize them to actually work hard.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Do not work here

Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor

Pros

Logistically I am very close to the location.

Cons

Full Time Employees just do not want to work and there is no process followed here.

Advice to Management

Hire some competent people who actually know their stuff.

2. I'm a lifer, but only because I have to be.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Full benefits (paid!) medical and dental with a minimum of 24 hours worked per week. Many Kaisers in the area, so transferring is always an option if you move.

Cons

Poor life/work balance. Educational Leave earned is never granted due to "operational needs", thus one has a very hard time moving ahead. Weak union; in bed with management, allows our vacation seniority to be taken away, allows for scheduling changes w/o proper notice to employee. Poor 401k matching

Advice to Management

Allow your staff to learn and grow!! Some of us don't want to be clerks our whole life. We would love to be with Kaiser in other, well - paid fields such as radiology or nursing, but can never take a few hours off, or a day off with our hard earned Ed Leave to take pre-req classes because your management tells us the dept isn't fully staffed. We hear this year after year! Very unfair and doesn't give us a very high opinion of our employer.