There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Technology meets funding

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours and location. Lots of training available. Nice office space.

Cons

Time off can be difficult and putting together more than a couple of days can be a struggle. Billable hours is the motto. Poor executive leadership, they understand how to blame and point.

CIO should take a hard look at expensive programs which fail and at least set some example at the VP level. It seems like the the knowledgeable people don't want to get involved with Executives that make a career out of being right at all costs, rude to their employees and inept. Not disgruntled just stating the facts. You can work there and navigate around for a good work life scenario.

1657 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

I'm a lifer, but only because I have to be.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Full benefits (paid!) medical and dental with a minimum of 24 hours worked per week. Many Kaisers in the area, so transferring is always an option if you move.

Cons

Poor life/work balance. Educational Leave earned is never granted due to "operational needs", thus one has a very
    hard time moving ahead. Weak union; in bed with management, allows our vacation seniority to be taken away, allows for scheduling changes w/o proper notice to employee. Poor 401k matching

Allow your staff to learn and grow!! Some of us don't want to be clerks our whole life. We would love to be with Kaiser in other, well - paid fields such as radiology or nursing, but can never take a few hours off, or a day off with our hard earned Ed Leave to take pre-req classes because your management tells us the dept isn't fully staffed. We hear this year after year! Very unfair and doesn't give us a very high opinion of our employer.

Great healthcare but not great for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits, larger company so you get time to adjust to a department

Cons

Constant change, no pay raises for non-union employees, layoffs

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!