Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Management is out of touch with its employees therefore productivity is affected

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Longevity and able to take advantage of different career avenues within such a large organization

Cons

Cohesiveness across department and training. There is no ownership of functions

Please include the people who does the day to day work when you make system upgrades, staffing, and policy to introduce efficiencies to the organization. Listen to the employees.

1759 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

My experience of being on an implementation team for new pharmacy software was a nightmare.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Downey, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Downey, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Kaiser offers a lot of different opportunities because it is such a large and expanding company.

Cons

In the technical area, Kaiser spends countless dollars on projects because management refuses to see the value of personnel trained in other areas than medical or pharmaceutical. Doctors and pharmacists negotiate technical contracts, manage projects etc. without experience and attention to industry standards. Projects are very poorly managed.

Recognize your strengths and limitations and accept the fact that being a medical or pharmaceutical professional does not equip you to perform in arenas dealing with technology. Eliminate so much of the job nepotism and let the non-medical professionals do the jobs that they are trained to do. .

I'm a lifer, but only because I have to be.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Full benefits (paid!) medical and dental with a minimum of 24 hours worked per week. Many Kaisers in the area, so transferring is always an option if you move.

Cons

Poor life/work balance. Educational Leave earned is never granted due to "operational needs", thus one has a very
    hard time moving ahead. Weak union; in bed with management, allows our vacation seniority to be taken away, allows for scheduling changes w/o proper notice to employee. Poor 401k matching

Allow your staff to learn and grow!! Some of us don't want to be clerks our whole life. We would love to be with Kaiser in other, well - paid fields such as radiology or nursing, but can never take a few hours off, or a day off with our hard earned Ed Leave to take pre-req classes because your management tells us the dept isn't fully staffed. We hear this year after year! Very unfair and doesn't give us a very high opinion of our employer.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente