Good learning experience.

Former Employee - Member Enroller in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Member Enroller in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good service culture. Does a good job finding invested employees. Not a lot of turnover.

Cons

Can be difficult for part-time employees to find a solid position. It can be a challenge to cross over into a different branch of the company.

Advice to Management

Invest in those that really want to grow. Have a more stream-lined approach when it comes to career paths.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Ohio

Former Employee - Project Manager I in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager I in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Disclaimer: no two KP regions are exactly the same. This is mainly my KP Ohio experience. Great benefits, great team, real focus on improving the quality of healthcare and truly try to put the patient first. There was good career growth and leadership supported improving employees skills and education.

Cons

In Ohio we had horrible C level executives. KP in general has a certain hubris that they are the biggest and best. I saw this arrogance as playing a large part in Ohio's downfall. Leadership and marketing failed to notice the market pressures and their rebranding solution was ill advised. KP is a large institution. Because of this it's hard to institute change in a timely manner. In regions that KP is not dominant, that slow to change environment can lead to it's decline. I watched as cuts were made and as that occurred, the patient experience declined. Expect a very corporate environment with lots of meetings and policies/processes that are slow to change.

Advice to Management

Learn from the mistakes of failed regions and do not reward the leaders of those regions that failed with new jobs/promotions in the remaining states KP has a presence.

Great experience completing my one month externship at Kaiser hospital

Former Intern - Ekg Technician in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Intern - Ekg Technician in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, management, pay,benefits,hours,etc. I hope that I can one day become a full time employee within Kaiser.

Cons

Very few. I worked in the clinic end for the majority of my externship, but one week I worked in the hospital end and a couple of those patients were a bit combative. Some of them needed to be held in restraints,and one in particular was not. So that's one con I could think of. Maybe the nurses should have prepared us that the patient would get physically combative.

Advice to Management

I was only there for one month, so its difficult to recommend what changes they should make to improve their practice in that short of a time.