Kaiser Permanente

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Good learning experience.

Former Employee - Member Enroller in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Member Enroller in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good service culture. Does a good job finding invested employees. Not a lot of turnover.

Cons

Can be difficult for part-time employees to find a solid position. It can be a challenge to cross over into a different branch of the company.

Invest in those that really want to grow. Have a more stream-lined approach when it comes to career paths.

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Kaiser Permanente Ohio

Former Employee - Project Manager I in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager I in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Disclaimer: no two KP regions are exactly the same. This is mainly my KP Ohio experience.

Great benefits, great team, real focus on improving the quality of healthcare and truly try to put the patient first. There was good career growth and leadership supported improving employees skills and education.

Cons

In Ohio we had horrible C level executives. KP in general has a certain hubris that they are the biggest and best. I saw this arrogance as playing a large part in Ohio's downfall. Leadership and marketing failed to notice the market pressures and their rebranding solution was ill advised. KP is a large institution. Because of this it's hard to institute change in a timely manner. In regions that KP is not dominant, that slow to change environment can lead to it's decline. I watched as cuts were made and as that occurred, the patient experience declined. Expect a very corporate environment with lots of meetings and policies/processes that are slow to change.

Learn from the mistakes of failed regions and do not reward the leaders of those regions that failed with new jobs/promotions in the remaining states KP has a presence.

Best place to work

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They really encourage the theme to Thrive to their employees as well and allows for a great growing community

Cons

It has a much different business model than most corporations

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente