There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Great place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager II  in  Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Project Manager II in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Perfect place for a work life balance.
Great opportunities to move internally and grow.
One of the best benefits package
Depending on the group, you may have flexibility to work from home as well for limited number of days.

Cons

Too many processes since it is a large enterprise.
Health care is the core business and not IT. So do not expect it to be the most efficient from IT perspective.

Ever few years, there is a large change in the direction when the upper management layer changes. This costs a lot of money and time, not always advisable.

1631 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Satisfaction at KP depends on who you work for

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Awesome co-workers, fabulous mission, meaningful work, decent location

Cons

Big organization, easy to get lost, as a go-getter it's hard to get your ideas implemented

For the non-medical support services, having best practices training is useful. There wasn't enough of that.

Good for those who like status quo.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Things are predictable and slow. If you have a family, this is a perfect place to be. My department is really good with work-life balance. So if you have a call from the daycare/school saying your child is hurt and need you to be in the hospital, you can leave in 15 minutes and to see your child. And my department really respect people's PTO.

Cons

Don't expect to have any career advancement. My manager made it clear that I can consider change position laterally. It takes forever to advance to the next level up. The computer system is really outdated. We are still using IE 6 and Lotus Note 6.5! I don't like the bureaucracy within the organization. It's not efficient to get things done with the least amount of resources. It's hard to promote change/modification because people are so used to the old way of doing things.

If you are looking at the bottom line so that "you can deliver better health care," please streamline the process in the back-end office so that we can spend more resource to physicians!

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!